Ice skating rink, entertainment, markets and eateries
From 8th December to 6th January
Imagine circling around an ice rink adorned with Christmas lights, immersed in a magical atmosphere. This is what you can do by visiting the Villaggio degli Elfi e delle Fate (The Village of Elves and Fairies) in Piazza Sartori from 8th December to 6th January.
In addition to skating on the ice, at the Village you can engage in many other different activities: buy handicrafts, peruse the typical local products available and listen to live music. There will also be places for enjoying the entertainment and refreshments, where you can rest and recharge after shopping and partaking in the activities!
The event is organised by the Associazione Water Ice Sport & Show in collaboration with the Associazione Arti Itineranti, uniting for the first time in offering a Christmas event in Padua, after having already individually contributed, respectively in 2017 (when Water Ice Sports & Show set up the ice skating rink in Piazzetta Amleto Sartori for the first time) and in 2015 (when Arti Itineranti offered its Christmas event in the same location).
Thanks to the collaboration between two associations, the Village of Elves and Fairies is an attraction rich in interesting components. In addition to the 20-by-10-metre ice skating rink, there will be the Bar delle Fate and the Bar degli Elfi, along with wooden cottages selling products made by various artisans, including ceramic and wood products, items made from working leather and glass-blowing, not to forget the artistic jewellery and perfumed soaps. Not to be missed in such a village is savouring the typical food products, made by small artisan producers, including olive oil, honey, jams, sweets, preserves and products in oil.
The Village will host also live music and shows. Here is the events calendar:
LIVE MUSIC WITH BUSKERS FROM 4.30 TO 6.30 PM
– 8 December – LUBJAN (Giovanna Lubjan guitar – voice)
– 9 December – MADAME BUTTERFLY DUO (Fabio Palmitesta guitar – Giulia Maizzali voice)
– 15 December – LOLA & Mr BE (Laura Vigilante voice – Tommaso Bergantin guitar)
– 16 December – DELTA FOLK STRINGS (P. Morandin guitar – M. Bincoletto guitar – F. Vegliardi contrabass)
– 22 December – DELTA FOLK STRINGS (P. Morandin guitar – M. Bincoletto guitar – F. Vegliardi contrabass)
– 23 December – (to be defined)
– 29 December – LUBJAN (Giovanna Lubjan guitar – voice)
– 30 December – (to be defined)
– 5 January – RUBIK ACOUSTIC DUO (Fabio Palmitesta guitar – Lisa Cassol voice)
– 6 January – IN BLUES (Fabio Palmitesta guitar – Giancarlo Stella voice)
SHOWS IN THE SQUARE
– 14 December from 3.30 pm – THE ELF ON STILTS WILL ENTERTAIN YOU WITH MUSIC, GAMES AND SURPRISES
– 19 December from 3.30 pm – The ineffable ELF will amaze you with bright and fiery juggling and giant bubbles
– 21 December from 3.30 pm – Music, comedy and quirkiness with the elegant BIKE OF THE FAIRIES
And this is not all: on December 22 and 23, from December 27 to 31, and from January 2 to 6, from 3.30 pm the village will host reuse workshops for children.
To find out more about the events on the ice rink, please visit the dedicated page.
For more information please contact email@example.com.